Friday, May 3, 2013

My Progress

As I stated in my previous post, I have made many changes to my diet and exercise regimen. When I began my healthy lifestyle, I was 5'2" weighing 125lbs. I was happy with my body and how I looked. I was wearing size 2 jeans and size small shirts. I knew I wasn't in shape, and had slacked because of a couple things going on in my life at the moment. That's when I learned about the term 'skinny fat.'
The common wisdom is that if you are overweight you are unhealthy, and if you are thin, you are healthy. But new research points to just how dangerous being skinny can be -- if you are a "skinny fat" person, that is.
The medical term for this is "MONW," or metabolically obese normal weight, which I prefer to refer to as being a skinny fat person. It means you are under lean but over fat -- not enough muscle and too much fat (especially belly fat). It seems it is better to be fat and fit than thin and out of shape. - Huffington Post
 I was small, but I knew I wasn't in the best shape I could be - or that I was used to being in. I was very active in high school, playing three sports a year. Then once I got to college, I was busy with working two jobs, my home life, and the responsibilities that go with it. Most of the time I would be whooped when I came home, not wanting to do anything but relax. 

After reading this article and doing other research, I knew I had to make a change. A friend at work was doing the Insanity Workout, and I had always wanted to try it. And that's all it took - I began the Monday right after I got it! About a couple weeks into the workout, I began changing my eating habits. It was very difficult for me at first because of the daily temptations. Especially at the restaurant I worked at, everything was made from scratch - yummy homemade alfredo, homemade desserts like oreo ice cream pie and chocolate moose. Yum!! I made small changes to my diet, like having a salad instead of pasta. I NEVER used to like salad, now I crave it. It's very important to take things slow and learn what is best for you. 

Most importantly, you need to learn and educate yourself on the foods you are eating and the workout regimen you are doing. So many girls have said they wasted so much time and effort doing countless hours of cardio with no results. This is a HUGE no-no which I will do into detail at another time! Others have went on low carb diets, tried diet shakes, etc - all of that is only temporary. You need to make a change, that's why its called a healthy lifestyle. 

Below are some of my progress photos that I have posted on my Instagram

I've seen the most progress in my arms and legs. My stomach has definitely leaned out as well. I currently weigh 119lbs - which means I lost 4.8% of my body weight. I didn't plan on losing weight, and I don't plan on losing any more. I have lost body fat and gained lean muscle and have never felt better! Please follow me as I will do my best to help you with your journey. I will be giving motivational tips, fitness tips, and ways to help you reach a healthy lifestyle. I encourage you to become a member in order to receive updates on future posts as well as follow me on Instagram for daily motivation. This was from today - 


Hope you all have a great Friday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment